Massage Therapy as a Way of Life
Massage is a luxury no more! Massage has long been deemed as a treatment of self-indulgence, but the practice of massage, in fact, has many surprising and proven medical benefits. The health benefits of professional massage extend beyond simply soothing aches and pains.Stress Relief
Are you stressed? Need some rest and relaxation? Wish you could feel refreshed? Studies show that receiving a massage activates the body to respond and correct the physiological imbalance caused by our stressful lives. Whether you're a busy parent, expectant mom, factory worker, or administrator, you can escape into a world of complete comfort, restoration, and revitalization. Our highly skilled therapists will take good care of you.Rehabilitation & Massage
The practice of massage has many surprising and proven medical benefits. In addition to boosting immunity, massage can help you manage pain of chronic conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Migraines, and Arthritis. If massage is necessary to your injury recovery, we can prescribe massage as part of your therapy. Our licensed and skilled massage therapists can assist your doctor and help you feel 100% and function better.Preventative Care
Studies show that routine massage offers numerous benefits: lessen pain and discomfort, relieve headaches, reduce depression, ease stress and fatigue, improve sleep, increase energy, reduce medication, improve mental outlook, boost focus and concentration, lessen anxiety, and increase blood circulation. The therapeutic, medical, and stress-relieving benefits of massage can lead to a healthier and more energetic lifestyle.Numerous studies reveal that massage therapy packs tons of medical benefits:
• Increase immunity - Increase natural "killer cells" and decrease the number of T-cells.
• Boost brain power - Improve your memory and be more alert.
• Promote tissue regeneration - Reduce scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Improve skin and hair - Add vitality to a dull complexion and lackluster hair.
• Improve organ function - Promote lymphatic drainage and more.
• Improved range of motion - Treat osteoarthritis and reduce joint stiffness.
• Enhance mood - Release endorphins and amino acids – the body's natural painkillers
• Relieve muscle cramps - Reduce adhesion, swelling, spasms, and cramping.
• Recover from strenuous workouts - Release lactic acid.
As a massage therapist in East Cobb, Krista Barnhorn leads a team of both male and female certified massage therapists. Each therapist has developed skills and received specialized training to systematically, spiritually, and scientifically manipulate soft tissues of the body for maintaining health and homeostasis.
We specialize in customizing each massage according to your individual body's needs. A variety of massages is available for muscle re-education, tissue regeneration, and rejuvenation. Our therapists offer a number of styles of massage to assist both your body and mind in adapting to life's stressors and achieving overall well-being.Different Types of Massage:
• Neuro Muscular - (NMT) Also called trigger point myotherapy.<
• Reflexology - Pressure points on the feet, hands, or ears.
• Shiatsu Massage - Therapists use their fingers, thumbs, and palms.
• Sports Massage - Which incorporates stretching exercises.
• Trigger Point Therapy - Manage pain and stress from chronic injuries.
• Swedish Massage - Most common and best-known type for ultimate relaxation.
• Deep Tissue Massage - Ideal for releasing chronic muscle tension.
• Prenatal Massage - Accommodating to expecting mothers.
• Eclectic Massage - A 50/50 combo of Swedish and Deep Tissue.
In fact, we want you to receive the benefits of massage as often as possible, so we give our chiropractic patients a discounted rate if they choose massage therapy to complement their chiropractic adjustments.
This article is provided by Inspire Me Chiropractic
your 100 Year Lifestyle Affiliate Chiropractor in Marietta GA
[ Go back ]